- Ensure that the source text is in a language you do not understand.
- Acquire a novena to Saint Jerome. If one is not available, adapt one intended for another saint.
- Choose a place and a time of day which will be available to you for nine successive days or nights.
- Recite the novena on nine successive days or nights.
- After your ninth and final recital, wait for up to one month.
- If the source text is still not revealed to you after one month from the end of your novena, you may again petition Saint Jerome.
* Although membership of the Catholic Church is not required by this method, it is necessary at least to be able to go through the ritual with a straight face. Do adapt it according to your religious background, if any. If you are repulsed by the idea of a transcendental Superior Being, you may want to think of this in the context of Game Theory. If you are Protestant, try one of the other methods.